Intermediate CAD Drafter
The Intermediate CAD Drafter is to assist the Principal, Design Director, Senior Interior Architectural Designer, and the Project Design Team on interiors projects from the pre-schematic phase through the design development and installation phases. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to react to a number of design styles and methods of delivery. Knowledge in high-end residential interior design is required. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our team. The position will provide a competitive salary, paid time-off, and health insurance.
- Conduct job-site surveys, measure existing conditions, and produce drawings to communicate existing site conditions
- Produce architectural drawings and details for interior projects: including but not limited to plans, elevations, sections, material layouts, and millwork details
- Read and interpret redline markups and translate to working drawings
- Complete detailed and organized construction document sets in AutoCAD
- Prepare and coordinate interior drawings, material specifications, and schedules with architects and contractors as needed for construction
- Support the design team on various tasks including but not limited to researching and sourcing materials, vendors, pricing, and product specifications as it relates to the built environment
- Attend meetings with the client, consultants, architects, and/or contractor
- Create and maintain organized project files, schedules and specifications
- Coordinate with outside vendors, architects, contractors, and consultants in a highly professional manner
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, interior architecture, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high-end custom residential interior design
- High proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) is required
- BIM knowledge (ArchiCAD or Revit) and 3D Modeling skills (Sketch-up or similar) are assets
- In depth knowledge of architectural conventions, including but not limited to plans, elevations, sections, details, lighting design, and millwork design
- Experience and strong interest in traditional and modern detailing
- Experience on jobsites, including working with a general contractor, taking site measurements, and producing as-built documents
- Ability to communicate design intent through both hand-drawing and digital formats
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various phases simultaneously
- Organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven team player who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing
- An individual who is a self-starter, who can take initiative and ownership of the duties given, while also working well as part of a team is mandatory
- Collaborative, passionate about design and enjoys working with others
If you would like to join a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (PDF is preferred but Word is acceptable) to email@example.com with “Intermediate CAD Drafter – Your name” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Please include your best work samples of AutoCAD drafting and architectural detailing along with your resume and cover letter. Be sure to tell us about your relevant skills, highlighting the minimum 5 years or real-world work experience. Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY
Named one of LA’s top Design Firms by The Franklin Report and a “National Tastemaker” by Luxe Interiors + Design, Annette English + Associates is celebrated for their bold, original and immaculately appointed residential interiors they create for discerning clientele.
The firm has enjoyed a sterling 20+ year reputation as the go-to design house for the business world and Hollywood elite. Known for creating elegant, comfortable designs that expertly channel their clients’ desires, their achievements can be seen in a variety of homes and businesses from those of film and music stars to high-ranking CEO’s to political and cultural leaders—all of whom luxuriate in their innate ability to manage every aspect of even intensely complex projects.
HOW TO APPLY
To start your application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know why you would be the perfect addition to our team.
Make sure to attach your résumé and a detailed portfolio of your best work alongside a short cover letter highlighting your unique talents.
ONLY APPLICANT SUBMISSIONS WHICH ARE FORMATTED AS REQUESTED AND MEETING THESE QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED